Prevent your WordPress blog from trackback spammers
Aug 24, 2012 Janaki Mahapatra, Internet
- Login to your WordPress blog.
- Go to Settings-> Discussion and then uncheck the box which says :”Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks) ” . This won’t allow trackbacks in the new posts,but all of your older posts still have the problem and people can spam your blog there.
- To disable trackback in older posts you can go to each and every post of yours and disable them ,but if you have quite a big blog like then there is a high chance that you are going to have some problems editing each and every posts. Here’s a simple solution on how it can be done in just one click.
- Log in to your cpanel and go to phpMyadmin . Open the database of your blog and then run this query on the SQL tab :
UPDATE wp_posts SET ping_status="closed";
- here wp is the wordpress database prefix.
- The above query will help you in disabling trackbacks completely and from now on you don’t have to worry about trackback spam.