Installing ServiceDesk Plus on a Linux machine without GUI
- Download ManageEngine Service Desk bin file
wget https://www.manageengine.com/products/service-desk/91677414/ManageEngine_ServiceDesk_Plus.bin chmod +x ManageEngine_ServiceDesk_Plus.bin
- Execute the .bin file by ./ManageEngine_ServiceDesk_Plus.bin -console
- Follow with the on-screen instructions to proceed with the installation.
Install ServiceDesk Plus as a Linux Service
- Download the servicedesk.txt file from https://www.manageengine.com/products/service-desk/help/adminguide/servicedesk.txt
- Copy the servicedesk.txt to /etc/init.d/
cp servicedesk.txt /etc/init.d/servicedesk
- Give executable permissions for servicedesk startup script.
- update MDIR=/home/guest/ManageEngine/ServiceDesk/bin
- Create a blank file under /var/log for logging purposes.
- Use chkconfig command to add the script as a startup process.
chkconfig --add servicedesk